Monday 7 April 2008

Wednesday March 19th: Dissertation Groups

In class we had dissertation discussion groups, which was really helpful in understanding the types of topics that interest students in the public relations field. However, while we have had numerous dissertation group discussions, I still feel like I am learning about everyone else's dissertation topic instead of understanding my own question. Fact of the matter is, although Ihave had time to think about my dissertation topic, I am having trouble narrowing down my question.

I would like to research public communications and public relations techniques used by the American Cancer Society to reach out to either Black or Hispanic populations in the United States. In the U.S., black and hispanic populations are dying of cancer due to the of lack of awareness and opportunity for cancer treatment. I know that both groups can be difficult to reach. Therefore, I would like to get a better understanding of how the American Cancer Society is using public relations to tackle this issue.

No comments: